- monthly subscription or
- one time payment
- cancelable any time
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
Axis Human Capital Limited, a group of companies based in Ghana Africa, reveals the secret of excellent conversationalists. The company also serves SE Asian countries such as KL Malaysia, Bangkok Thailand, Jakarta Indonesia and many more.
Show a real interest to avoid misrepresentation.
Give him or her full attention when you speak to someone, especially in a busy or loud environment. Ask to move to a quieter area if you find yourself distracted or can't hear them well.
Practice empathetic listening. Put yourself in his or her shoes and attempt to see the situation over his or her eyes. Inquire questions and inspire the other person to intricate. Try sharing a personal story about a time when you felt alike even if you haven't experienced the same situation.
Use the magic words: "Tell me."
Many will treasure the chance to share their stories and experiences. To begin a conversation, use the two most powerful words in conversation: "Tell me." Successful conversationalists shun questions that may be answered with a simple yes or no. Ask open-ended questions and then listen. When you choose a topic of conversation that establishes interest in the other person, the conversation will flow more smoothly.
Say the other person's name.
Dale Carnegie once said, "A person's name is to that person, the sweetest, most important sound in any language." Any business acquaintance will be pleased and awestruck if you remember his or her name. If you have trouble remembering names, set out to practice as often as possible.
When you meet someone for the first time, say the person's name instantly. Respond with something like, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ivan." Then use their name a couple of times during your conversation. When the conversation ends, say their name one last time: "I really enjoyed meeting you, John."
Agree heartily; disagree softly.
When someone approves with you, it forms an instant bond. Abruptly, you both have something in common. Nevertheless, the strongest professional relationships exhibit mutual respect and admiration, even in disagreements. Broadmindedness and respect for others, particularly when they disagree with you, is vital to successful networking and you will not look like a bluff.
Warning! Talk less; listen more.
When someone talks to you, listen with your entire body. Nod, make eye contact, and be fully engaged in what they have to say. Concentrating on listening will build trust and help you start a professional relationship. When given the chance, ask relevant questions, which will help prove your genuine interest.
Don't interrupt or change the subject.
Many self-assured professionals finish others' sentences out of habit. If you jump in and interrupt someone's sentence, you stop him or her from completely expressing his or her thoughts. Although your intentions may be good, the other person may notice you to be a know-it-all or in a hurry. Or worse, the person may consider you are trying to put words in his mouth.
For more information: http://www.axishcl.com/
About the Job
An International sports betting operator with an enviable reputation within the sector looking to improve their revenue generating strategy and corporate identity is seeking to recruit a Project and Facilities Manager to provide support and technical expertise on outstanding and forthcoming retail store projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for any new building construction, redevelopment and refurbishment projects by delivering advice on building architecture design, contractors and running the project from design to completion, on time and within budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Managing the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout.
· Acquiring and managing all building permits, Lease agreements and other regulatory prerequisites of existing and prospective sites.
· Visiting the project work site, clarifying scope of work, and preparing cost estimates and proposals
· Developing and implementing strategies to self-perform and to outsource the various aspects of a project to achieve the objectives of price, schedule and quality
· Managing project costs to ensure budgets are maintained. Documenting and managing changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met
· Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Facilities, Property, Project Management or any related discipline.
· 3+ years’ experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor engaged in general building construction
· Thorough understanding of marketing, advertising, media and interactive online and mobile service space.
· Have managed budgets but not necessarily P&L and 3rd party contractors
· Should have experience in Service and Account Management
· A working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work
· High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry
About the Job
An international sports betting operator with an enviable reputation within the sector looking to improve their revenue generating strategy and corporate identity. The ideal candidate shall deliver on going commercial growth across our product portfolio of Sports Betting Games in Betting Shops and at Point of Sales. Working with relevant stakeholders you will be developing new revenue opportunities; reactivating and expanding spend with existing customers. Take proven success and roll out in new areas. Motivate and lead a senior management team. For more info visit us at http://www.axishcl.com
· Maintain an accurate and on-going sales pipeline that will drive profits for the business.
· Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
· Liase with the Product Development departments to align marketing strategy with product development, retailer training and sales network expansion
· Develop and maintain strategic relationships between the business and regulatory agencies as well as developing commercial relationships to create promotional opportunities, while monitoring competitor activity and market trends.
· Responsible for strategic brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives
· Develop and leverage the company’s branding and professional profile
· Work with the local managers to develop a comprehensive and tailored marketing plan to include brand development and communication across multiple online and offline channels
· Ensure the departments integrity and level of service meets the highest possible standards.
· Agree on annual budgets and produce a detailed annual business operating plan as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
· Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
Education and Competences Required
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
· Minimum 3-4 years marketing experience sports betting or related field
· Experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on marketing strategies and projects to budget
· Experience of managing marketing projects, for example promotional events, advertising campaigns, product launches, across multiple communication channel
· General Office IT based Literacy
· Strong verbal communication skills and ability to effectively work with other departments, local commercial and operations managers and front line sales force
· An understanding of how the betting business operates
· Marketing and product development experience
· Ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
· Ability to align and influence client on parent company’s core competent services to client requirements
· Have a keen interest and good understanding of football teams/players (for example Premier League, La Liga, Serie A)
· Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
· Ability to manage performance against revenue targets as agreed from time to time.
· Understanding of the digital technologies on both online and mobile platforms.
Watch more videos at this site http://www.dailymotion.com/group/axishcl
About the Job
A multinational Financial Services company with branches in South Africa and London is looking to hire an IT Support Specialist for their Ghana office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the production applications and infrastructure across many platforms.
· Supports the running of production applications.
· Provides 24 x 7 first-line standby / support for production environments.
· Creates temporary fixes within systems to achieve Service Level Agreements.
· Leads others in technical initiatives across platforms/environments eg: cost saving, timing
· Implements cost saving / optimization initiatives.
· Acquires and applies knowledge of business processes, procedures, policies and practices.
· Participates in software and/or hardware upgrades.
· Responsible for capacity monitoring
· Pro-actively monitors the production environment.
· Quality Assurance within role.
· A relevant IT Degree.
· At least 5 years practical technical support experience.
· Knowledge of mainframe, client servers, workflow, change control process, helpdesk procedures, batch & online.
· Problem resolution skills for doing root cause analysis of incidents
· Proven support analysis knowledge and expertise.
· Broad knowledge across platforms.
About the Job
A multinational Financial Services company with branches in South Africa and London is looking to hire an IT Manager for their Ghana office. The successful candidate will be offered a six (6) month renewable contract and will be responsible for delivery of a variety of IT services to support business objectives and will be accountable for achieving results through others.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Responsible for the financial management of the area, including budget and expense monitoring.
· Oversees the functional unit and is accountable for the efficient operation of the area.
· Provides thought leadership (operational and tactical focus) for IT resources.
· Ensures continuous service and systems security.
· Responsible for aligning technology and technology support to business needs.
· Responsible for infrastructure management in area of responsibility
· Individually accountable for customer/client service delivery through efforts of a team
· Accountable for others' time, task and output quality,
· Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
· Plans and assigns work over the applicable period.
· Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
· Creates a climate for optimal performance.
· Manages team and staff performance.
· Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
· Provides consultancy services where required.
· A tertiary qualification in Information Technology
· At least 7 yrs working experience working with Information Systems
· At least a minimum of 2 years managing an IT function.
· Working knowledge of Financial & Project management
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the Job
A Human Resource company is seeking to hire a Finance officer to assist in the proper administration and management of the company’s finances and day-to-day operations, with a focus on reducing the cost of doing business and increasing profit margins. The key focus of this role will be administration and finance, and will grow into a core finance role.
Finance & HR
· Process the Axis payroll and submit financial documents or vendor payments as needed (VAT, SSNIT, IRS, advertising payments etc.)
· Prepare invoices and manage revenue collection from clients
· Pick up cheques from clients and submit payments
· Generate monthly Financial Reports to show Axis’s cash flow status
· Assist the CEO in identifying financial trends, forecasting and budgeting
· Manage the procurement process and Petty Cash
· Ensure that all accounts receivable and payable issues are resolved on time (prepare invoices and manage revenue collection from clients)
· Proactively identify tools, procedures and other measures that will reduce cost, increase effectiveness and grow Axis
· Follow up on new inquiries and forward necessary documents and information to new clients (both jobseekers and employers).
· Procure items needed and ensure adequate levels of supplies are maintained
· Help to gather data (generation of internal and external metrics) and produce reports using data to provide a full picture of Axis operations, SWOT and other information that can be used in strategic and business planning
· Assist managers in conducting research and gathering information for both in-house and client projects
· Assist in the recruitment and selection process as and when needed
· Ability to multi-task and play multiple roles
· Strong reporting skills
· A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
· Loyalty and ability to keep information in confidence is crucial
· A proactive and initiative-taking attitude and approach to business
· Strategic and analytical business thinking – an entrepreneurial mindset
· An understanding of payroll processing requirements in Ghana is key
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· An understanding of the start-up corporate context(its challenges and benefits), and a willingness to grow with the company
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration. A concentration in Accounting & Finance is preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of, and experience in the use of financial management software (Excel, Quickbooks)
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications and in Internet research
· Knowledge of, and experience in usage of any HRIS is a plus
· A valid driver’s license
We value your privacy and assure you that all communications between yourself and Axis will remain confidential. We do not share your contact details with anyone else, and have taken vigorous steps to ensure that anything you share with us stays between us.
Also by using the Axis website and services provided by Axis, you agree to provide accurate information about yourself where required. You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Axis. You agree that you will not reproduce duplicate, copy or sell Axis material without the express permission and consent of Axis.
Please follow us at Pinterest
Axis Human Capital Limited is a socially-conscious human development firm based in Ghana.
Meet the Axis Team of Axis Human Capital Group Recruitment Development Accra
Esi E. Ansah CEO, Axis Human Capital Ltd.
Esi is an Assistant Professor at Ashesi University, where she teaches classes including Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, and Negotiation & Creative Problem Solving, working closely with her students to help them in self-discovery, identifying, articulating and carving out their career paths. She is an avid believer in, and contributor to achieving the vision and mission of Ashesi.
Her other professional and academic interests include social and public entrepreneurship and sustainable educational and public sector reform in Ghana. Esi earned her Bachelor's degrees in Psychology, International Affairs and French from the Florida State University in 1999, graduating with a three Bachelor’s degrees in three years cum laude (with honors). She also holds Master's degrees in Social Sciences and in Public Service Management from the University of Chicago (2004) and DePaul University in Chicago (2002), respectively. She holds a PhD in Public Administration (2008) from Rutgers University in New Jersey. In September 2009, Esi was welcomed into the Africa Leadership Initiative as an ALI Fellow.
Esi has a deep commitment to community service and has a long history of volunteer work wherever in the world she finds herself. From caring for displaced orphans in Jamaica, to mentoring adolescents to excel academically in Florida, to laboring to refurbish houses for the low-income elderly in Kentucky, to caring for children in a daycare in France and mentoring incarcerated youth in Ghana. Esi is a member of the Board of the Longevity Project, where she also serves as a volunteer.
Esi is a chocolate-lover who counts cooking and eating, writing, traveling, and photography amongst her hobbies. She believes that being spiritually alive and well is the key to her success, and describes herself as a simple, high-energy person who never runs out of ideas (she maintains a detailed Idea Bank), and also as a "grounded idealist" with a sense of urgency and an aim to bring positive transformation wherever she finds herself.
Kwadwo began his career with Investors Group Canada, then the largest financial services company in Canada. As a Financial Consultant in Investor's Group Asset Management section, he provided investment and tax planning solutions to small Canadian businesses and households. As a licensed mutual funds dealer, he structured and tracked several investment portfolios.
Kwadwo also worked as an Analyst and Head of Information Systems for the Banking Supervision Department of the Bank of Ghana. As head of a unit responsible for reporting on the banking industry, he tracked the solvency, profitability and liquidity of the Banking and Non-Banking industry at an aggregate and individual level during his time with the Bank of Ghana, Kwadwo also served as the User Team Lead on a project to develop and implement the national supervision software.
Kwadwo most recently worked as an Associate with Black Star Advisors, a Ghanaian Investment Bank. He was responsible for a originating, structuring and monitoring deals for a $10MM Venture Capital Fund as well as structuring third party mutual funds.
Kwadwo has a Bachelor's Degree in Economics with a Minor Management (with Distinction) from McGill University in Canada and is an affiliate member of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants.
Isaac Kwaku Fokuoh
Isaac is an international business development and finance expert with over 12 years of experience in change and project management, supply-chain management, and business development. His areas of expertise include corporate due diligence and governance, socially responsible investing, process design and implementation, political and economic risk analysis, and Islamic finance.
As principal of the BOTHO Group of companies, Isaac provides clients with independent, impartial, and comprehensive advice about investment opportunities in emerging markets. BOTHO is also involved in the nonprofit sector and is proficient at using private sector resources to develop micro-enterprise and finance opportunities through sustainable economic development programs in emerging economies. Current projects are in Southeast Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Prior to founding BOTHO, Isaac was selected to participate in a prestigious management development program at McMaster-Carr where he held several positions of increasing responsibility in process management, realignment and implementation of best business practices. As part of the operations management team, he managed daily operations of the order fulfillment department (monthly sales of approximately $30M), supervised over 80 employees, and served as assistant project leader of a team that facilitated and developed set-up and readiness in large-scale warehouse operations including safety requirements, product placement, density, and workforce management.
Isaac is a sought-after speaker on topics such as emerging market opportunities, socially responsible investing, corporate governance, strategic philanthropy, and operations management. He has authored articles on emerging markets, Islamic finance, and corporate social responsibility that were published in the Middle-East, South-East Asia and Africa.
Isaac holds an MBA from DePaul University's Kelsdadt School of Business, an MA in International Relations from the University of Chicago and a BA in International Studies from Hanover College.
Eric Donkoh is a senior microprocessor circuit design engineer at Intel Corporation Enterprise Microprocessor Group in Portland, Oregon. Eric joined IntelLogic Technology Development, Microprocessor Design Group, in 1999 and has since worked on the design of major Intel and industry leading state-of-the-art Microprocessor and Process Technology products such as Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium 4, Dual/Multi-Core, and Pentium III line of CPUs for Laptops, Desktop, and Servers.
Eric also does research in the field of Low Power CPU design with the view to reducing CPU energy consumption. He is currently the Intel Converged Core Development Organization Register File Circuits Power Lead. Eric also does collaborative research with Oregon State University, USA.
Eric has diverse interest in various fields and has hobbies that span from sports to social commentary to internet and computer technologies. Eric serves on the board NAPE foundation, a non-profit organization that seeks to provide education opportunity through academic scholarships to Ghanaian students for university education.
Eric has M.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Cincinnati, USA (1999) and B.Sc. degree in Manufacturing Engineering from Central State University, USA (1997).
· Connotation of something that is pivotal/central/fundamental, around which everything else revolves. We focus on the centrality of people (human capital) in organizations - a pivot around which everything in an organization revolves.
· The axis, around which the earth is tilted, also connotes symmetry/balance. We focus on finding the right balance in how organizations are run efficiently and effectively - the right combination of human capital and all the necessary resources to make a lasting and positive impact.
· While "resources" are depleted with time, "capital" is already a form of wealth that grows with good management and is used to produce more wealth for the organization.
· Human "capital" is what drives organizations and economies, and while organizations commonly value money (cash), and forget about people, who are the ones who drive the business, we make people the centre of our attention
· The globe with an axis - our vision is not bound by borders. The world is our turf.
· The Adinkra symbol is Nkyinkyim (pronounced 'n.chin.chim'), a symbol ofinitiative, adaptability, dynamism and versatility - what we epitomize and inspire you to be.
Our Company Color
Our passion for what we do is reflected in our color - dark red, for us symbolizes passion, creativity, excitement, vitality and energy. The darker shade reflects maturity and caution that go with passion, and at Axis, we charge ahead into new territory, daring to be innovative and creative, and yet doing so with caution.
Our Tagline ...we invest in human capital...
· We believe in investing in people - this means committing our resources to ensure that we enhance our clients' capacity to perform well and achieve their goals.
* Excellence - we set and maintain high standards
* Integrity - we align and maintain consistency in what we believe, think, say and do
* Social Consciousness - we always consider the wellbeing of society at large, with a desire to bring positive change
* Responsiveness - we are ever ready to respond to our stakeholders' needs
* Visionary - we see beyond the 'now' and lead others to dream and live out their desired futures
* Passion - we are always busy doing what we love and loving what we do
Career Planning Guidelines of Axis Human Capital Group Recruitment Development Accra
Guidelines for Creating a Simple, Well-Written CV or Resume
Imagine that you are an employer with 2 open positions to fill. After advertising the position, you receive 200 CVs for the 2 positions, and you have to screen all CVs in order to be fair, and to be able to select applicants to interview. Think of some of the things that will cause you to discard some CVs, or things that will raise your interest in other CVs. Would you like to invest your time in going through 200 typo-filled, colourful, disorganized and grammatically incorrect CVs? Probably not. Read on to find out about the dos and don’ts of CV writing.
Remember that your CV or resume usually gives the first impression of you as a person and as a potential employee, and so it must speak very well of you. See it as your opportunity to market your personal brand and make you an attractive, first choice pick for any job position. Since you are not physically there with potential recruiters to elaborate on anything, your CV must be clear and contain all the necessary information. It must be well-organized, to-the-point, and easy to read, and must be clean and free from any kind of grammatical or typographical errors. The decision to interview you is usually based on the overall first impression given by your CV or Resume. Your CV or Resume is needed to get your foot in the door – it should impress and persuade the reader that you are a potential ‘right-fit’ for the job, and should lead to an interview and ultimately, to a new job and career.
In this document, please take note of the following topics:
The difference between a CV and a Resume
Components of a CV
Visual Layout of a CV
Components of a CV
The Dos of CV writing
The Don’ts of CV Writing
Other Job Search Strategies and Tools
The Difference between a Resume and a CV
The term “resume” comes from the French word for summary – résumé. The resume then, is a brief summary about your [relevant] background – past jobs, educational background and relevant skills etc. that you bring to the job. Resumes/CVs on their own don’t get jobs - they get you interviews, and it’s your performance at interviews that gets you the job! Especially for jobs outside of academia, resumes are preferred, while CVs are more common for academic positions. For non-academic positions, resumes are widely used in the USA, while CVs are more commonly used for both academic and non-academic positions in European and African countries including Ghana. CV styles differ from one country/region to the other, and in academia, it also may differ from one discipline to another. Be sensitive to what is appropriate wherever you find yourself. It is also prudent to have multiple (2 or 3) versions of your CV, each with a particular emphasis – for industry, for academia, for certain types of jobs, etc…
The abbreviation “CV” stands for “Curriculum Vita,” which comes from two Latin words –
currere and vita. Currere means to run – as in, to run a course. Vita means life, and together, “curriculum vita” means the course of life. The CV is typically more comprehensive, and covers your relevant experience over the course of your life. Curriculum Vita or Curriculum Vitae is singular, while Curricula Vitae is plural. The CV [a biographical sketch] is also referred to simply as a Vita.
*** When sending application documents to Axis, CVs are preferred, so long as they are well-written and follow the guidelines below. The lists of Do’s and Don’ts of CV writing provided in this section are by no means exhaustive.
Continue reading at
· We believe that building competency in the workplace is the most effective way of sustaining the capacity of people to perform well in the long term. We do this by moving beyond technical training, and paying attention to "overlooked" issues such as diversity in the workplace, interpersonal relationships, work ethic, workspace design, value systems, job satisfaction, motivation, work/life balance, professional development opportunities for all in the workplace and more.
· We believe in prioritizing the potential of job applicants in our recruiting and selection processes, not just their experience. Using non-traditional methods in our recruiting and selection, we identify and provide clients with well-rounded, "high capacity" and "high-impact" employees.
· We believe in putting knowledge gained into practice, so we assist our clients to design personal and organizational Action Plans as part of every training and development session.
· We believe that any public, private or nonprofit organization can engage in meaningful branding efforts for great returns by developing and focusing on their people, especially at the frontline level.
· We believe in social entrepreneurship and corporate social responsibility (CSR), and so we help our clients to develop strategies through which they can demonstrate CSR tailored to match and reflect their mission and vision. We help our clients to make a difference!
· We believe in facilitating the work of HR managers, so we empower and equip them to adopt innovative and progressive policies and practices.
· We believe in bridging the gap between academe and industry, and so we go as far as primary schools to start exposing our future leaders and managers to innovative career options. We also conduct research on HR issues to inform practice.
· We believe in sustainability, and so we actively follow-up on our clients to evaluate their progress and assist them further as needed.
We have hired CEOs, Investment Analysts, Lawyers, Executive Assistants, Marketing Managers, Human Resource Managers, Operations Managers, Administrative Assistants and other professionals for our clients.
We have also conducted employee training and career development workshops for some of our clients. We do not believe in 'lectures' where participants are 'talked at'. Instead, our workshops are very interactive, and we engage in exercises and use worksheets that participants work through. Participants are usually required to design Action Plans that will help them to put what they learnt to good use.
* Ashesi University
* Black Star Advisors
* Clegg & Associates
* Creating Wellness Centres
* East Airport International School
* Friedrich Ebert Siftung
* HuD GROUP
* Image Consortium/Dizengoff
* Immanuel Restoration School
* Longevity Project
* West Africa Media Foundation (WAMDEF)
Axis HCL is currently open for advertisement! Our site visitors are mostly jobseekers, employers, entrepreneurs, managers, CEO's, etc. We focus on human resource management and job recruitment services that are relevant to our visitors. Our contents are current and updated frequently and maintained by the Axis HCL Web Team.
Our site receives an average of 100 unique visitors per month, 3000 page view monthly. If you are interested in placing your advertisement on our website, kindly contact us for due procedures. However, the following are the various kinds of advertisement spots we place on our site.
690 x 110 Large Rectangle Advert Spot
Available spot: 1
Location: homepage of site
Price: 450 GH¢ per month
220 x 125 Medium Rectangle Advert Spot
Available spot: 1
Location: side bar of site
Price: 350 GH¢ per month
110 X 110 Square Button Advert Spot
Available Spot: 4
Location: Side Bar
Price: 250 GH¢ Per Month
This is a fully automated system created by Axis HCL. Majority of the operation is be handled automatically by the system. Hence, you will receive additional benefits other than advertisement advantages. Here are some of them:
· You can fill up a proper description for your image so that it will serve as a help message to indicate where the link goes to.
· Each banner will have the opportunity that it will appear anywhere in its category. This means banners are not static they will be randomly place upon each refresh. This will ensure everyone have the opportunity to be seen.
· The system will automatically resize your image to the appropriate banner size. However, it is advisable to resize it yourself before you send the image to the Axis HCL site server.
Related site to read http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1146287
Axis is a registered Limited Liability Company (LLC), born out of the desire of its partners to identify and support jobseekers in not just finding jobs, but building careers. This vision and orientation is what makes Axis unique and very focused on Career Development. Axis started its operations out of a small office in Tudu (South Liberia & Kojo Thompson Road), with space graciously offered by the Longevity Project. Axis then relocated to another office on 69 Dade Street, North Labone in October 2008. Axis is currently located at F106/5 4th Soula Street, Labone.
Axis has facilitated workshops career planning workshops to assist job seekers in effective CV writing skills, preparation for job interviews, public speaking skills. In addition, Axis has provided entrepreneurship training to equip budding and experienced entrepreneurs. These activities are central to Axis' commitment to make a difference and become part of Africa's history makers in investing in, and developing human capital.
Our team is made up of professionals with varied backgrounds in Human Resource Management, Financial & Fund Management, Business Process and Supply Chain Management, CSR Policy Development, Public and Business Administration and Software Engineering.
Axis currently offers a range of services including Recruitment, Organizational Development, Talent Management and Professional Development of individuals, HR Technical Assistance and Business Advisory services. In the future, Axis hopes to provide services that cover areas including Employment Law, Social Marketing, Research and Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Public Sector Branding to its clients.
We believe strongly in the importance and necessity of R&D, and so we will conduct research in operations and human resource-related issues in Ghana. We will publish results of our studies, and will also undertake client-commissioned projects. We seek to become information brokers and a warehouse with a wealth of information on HR in Ghana, drawing on the experiences of our Team members who are also in academia.
· Best Practices in Industry - we will conduct research on local and international best practices in specific industries and areas
· Special Topics - independent and commissioned research projects, symposia, workshops, conferences etc.
· Global South-South Learning Exchanges - we believe in learning from contexts similar to ours, and so we conduct research in specific industries and facilitate learning exchanges between our clients and their counterparts in other parts of the world, especially the global south.
· Knowledge IdeaBank - Database of research ideas and outlines (especially useful for students & researchers)
· We plan to establish an Axis Library
o Subscription-based borrowing privileges
o Access to online article database (in-house and/or external)
Visit our site at www.axishcl.com
Axis is committed to working especially with entrepreneurs to set up and improve their businesses. Some of our Axis Team members are experts in Business Development and are ready to support businesses in designing winning growth and development strategies. As is characteristic with Axis, we organize very interactive and action-oriented workshops where we equip entrepreneurs with knowledge and skills that will help them set up and grow their businesses.
Our services include the following:
· Idea banking - helping people to dream 'on paper'
· Starting a business in Ghana - registration, legal obligations etc...
· Entrepreneurship - crucial lessons
· Writing excellent Business Plans
· Writing effective Strategic Plans
· Financial management
· Sound investment options for businesses
· Business forecasting
· Business process re-engineering
· Operations research and analysis
We believe in managing talent wherever it may be found, from primary all the way to tertiary institutions, and in workplaces. Through our special Axis TM initiatives, we seek to challenge existing perceptions about careers and to support progressive and innovative approaches to career planning and development. Our aim is to expose people from childhood to adulthood to the world of work, introducing them to diverse career options and opportunities, presenting them with resources to enhance their career development and helping them to excel in their chosen fields, fuelled by their passion.
We are very passionate about investing in young people, and a lot of our activities are geared towards their career development. Our workshops are very interactive. Our efforts include, but are not limited to the following:
Axis Talent Management services for young people, from Primary to Tertiary levels
· Facilitating an exploration of unlimited career options for young people
· Leadership development through mentoring and supportive programs
· Realistic and feasible exposure to the world of work - career coaching/planning - cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset etc, CV writing workshops etc...
· Business Communication - CV writing, personal, professional correspondence, report writing etc...
· We embark on an active campaign to raise the awareness of career options open to students through field trips, workshops, documentaries etc...
· We provide students not only with exposure, but with practical experience in their chosen fields through internships/attachments
· We believe in assisting students to be innovative in creating niches for themselves in which they can excel, rather than grooming themselves for existing jobs only.
· Ultimately, we would like to challenge and facilitate educational reform in which different areas of study are all valued and none are stigmatized. We would like to see a philosophical change in how we see and understand education. (Look out for our Axis Foundation Programs!)
Axis Professional Talent Management services
· Talent Retention strategies - we help companies to identify talent in their organization and to design strategies to keep and grow their best employees
· Resettlement Support - We support people who live outside of Ghana and want to either return permanently or get involved in what's going on in Ghana. We will sit with them and strategize, and map out their involvement. Where we don't offer the services they need, we will refer them to other resources - financial institutions etc...
· Niche Professional Development Opportunities - our aim is to equip individuals in specific professional areas with entrepreneurial skills to develop themselves and to address some of their specific needs.
Target Groups for some of our upcoming projects:
· Social entrepreneurs (especially young entrepreneurs)
· Highly skilled expatriates/returnees
· Sportsmen and women, sports administrators and managers
· Medical professionals
· The disabled
· Small enterprise owners, petty traders
We provide HR-specific assistance, and this process starts from a thorough needs analysis, planning with clients, implementation, evaluation of development/change strategies and ends with follow-up and ongoing partnership. We engage clients in a thorough SWOT analysis (together, we find out what their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are). We assist the organization's HR leaders to carve out and craft their own policies and practices. Our services include the following:
· Designing tailored performance management and measurement systems
· Introducing and monitoring organizational performance metrics
· Succession planning
· Assistance with development of comprehensive organizational manual/handbook
· Job analyses, job evaluations
· Procurement and provision of HR Information System to clients
Visit us at http://www.axishcl.com/
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
"Basically the price of a night on the town!"
"I'd love to help kickstart continued development! And 0 EUR/month really does make fiscal sense too... maybe I'll even get a shirt?" (there will be limited edition shirts for two and other goodies for each supporter as soon as we sold the 200)